Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's Your Go To Meal?



I'm a big fan of fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains and healthy fats. I also like to find different ways to make those things taste good, therefore adding variety to my diet (I don't been diet in the starve yourself sense) and keeping my metabolism humming along. This morning I got asked 'What is your go to meal?' and it would have to be PROATMEAL!



No matter what, you can't skip breakfast.. you just can't. In fact if your changing your lifestyle to get a better body, look better and have more energy it is the very very first step. Don't ask about calorie counting, paleo, carb cycling, protein powder or anything else until your eating breakfast e-v-e-r-y day. So it makes sense that the one meal (or recipe) would be proatmeal.


Here's the recipe

3/4 cup of quick oats
1/2 cup of mixed berries (frozen is okay)
1 scoop protein powder
5-7g of crushed walnuts
1/4 cup rice milk, almond milk or low fat milk

Method: Boil a jug of water. Place oats and boiling water in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 90 secs. Mix in walnuts, protein powder, berries and milk. Enjoy.

I have this often, it's quick and it keeps me full till morning tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment